Book Reviewers for Special issue of Target
Target is looking for reviewers for a special issue for ‘Target – International Journal of Translation Studies’. See below a list of titles.
Those interested should contact the journal’s book review editor, Reine Meylaerts, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the reviews is 1 November 2016. The reviews will be published next year in spring.
• Hanna, Sameh. 2016. Bourdieu in Translation Studies: The Socio-cultural Dynamics of Shakespeare Translation in Egypt. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
• Rafael, Vicente L. 2016. Motherless Tongues: The Insurgency of Language amid Wars of Translation. Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Press.
• Bielsa, Esperanca. 2016. Cosmopolitanism and Translation: Investigations into the Experience of the Foreign. London & New York: Routledge.
• Mazrui, Alamin M. 2016. Cultural Politics of Translation: East Africa in a Global Context. London & New York: Routledge.
• Italiano, Federico. 2016 (published in June!). Translation and Geography. London & New York: Routledge.
• González Núñez , Gabriel. 2016 (published only in October!). Translating in Linguistically Diverse Societies: Translation Policy in the United Kingdom. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
• Taibi, Mustapha, ed. 2016. New Insights into Arabic Translation and Interpreting. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.
• van Doorslaer, Luc, Peter Flynn, and Joep Leerssen, eds. 2016. Interconnecting Translation Studies and Imagology. London & New York: Routledge.
• Blumczynski, Piotr and John Gillespie, eds. 2016 (published in June!). Translating Values: Evaluative Concepts in Translation. London & New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
OLDER BOOKS FOR POTENTIAL REVIEW AS CLASSICS IN THE FIELD
• Cheyfitz, Eric. 1997 (expanded edition). The Poetics of Imperialism: Translation and Colonization from The Tempest to Tarzan. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
• Mackenthun, Gesa. 1997. Metaphors of Dispossession: American Beginnings and the Translation of Empire, 1492-1637. Norman and London: University of Oklahoma Press.
• Robinson, Douglas. 1997. Translation and Empire: Postcolonial Theories Explained. Manchester: St. Jerome.
• Sakai, Naoki. 1997. Translation and Subjectivity: On Japan and Cultural Nationalism. Minnesota: University of Minnesota Press.
• Hermans, Theo. 1999. Translation in Systems: Descriptive and System-oriented Approaches Explained. Manchester: St. Jerome.
• Sakai, Naoki and Jan Solomon, ed. 2006. Translation, Biopolitics, Colonial Difference. Hongkong: Hongkong University Press.
• Hermans, Theo, eds. 2014. The Manipulation of Literature: Studies in Literary Translation. London & New York: Routledge (Routledge Revivals).
• Chesterman, Andrew. 2016. Memes of Translation: The Spread of Ideas in Translation Theory. Revised Edition. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins.